Thursday, February 21

Barack Obama 08. I'm calling it.

Big buzz is going around about the new McCain scandal published on the front page of the New York Times. Frankly, I couldn't really care less. And frankly again, would you have a "romantic relationship" with this guy?


Me neither. But I could have a girl-crush on the "lady in question".
She's not bad to look at. But I digress...

McCain probably didn't have anything inappropriate to do with this woman, but I wonder if we, as American's in general, care weather he did or not. Everyone loves (possibly past tense nowadays) Bill Clinton and he was about as immoral as they come. I'm so saddened that in today's day and age, an extramarital affair is not only ignored, but seemingly expected -- especially among groups such as the wealthy, politicians, and almighty Hollywood. So, how will this really affect the McCain train heading for D.C.? Will it derail it?

We're running out of options. I think Hillary's campaign is dying a slow, ugly, and painful death. Huckabee is a minor-leaguer. (Plus, I can not bring myself to even imagine a president named Huck.)

Obama is the only option left. Even if this scandal doesn't hurt McCain's bid for the White House, I really feel like this country in general may be done with Republican Presidents for a while and want to try something new. Hillary Clinton is not new. Even McCain seems like old politics now -- he is at least chronologically old. One thing for sure, Obama is new! Have you heard him speak? He's like a cheerleader at a pep rally and a TV evangelical preacher all wrapped in one. He can sell out a professional basketball arena (a big one) and have them begging for more. He's been likened to the Beatle's and JFK. Its nuts.

**Now, I'd like to insert here a comment about Mitt Romney and say something to the effect of "there wouldn't be any stories like this about Mitt..." But who knows what people would have dug up to try to smear Mitt. Maybe its better that he's out. I can't decide on that one. But I would feel safe to say that there wouldn't be a story about an extramarital affair.**

So there. I'm calling it. Barack Obama 2008. I'm not endorsing him, and wouldn't mind eating my words later. These are interesting times my friends. I'm just saying.....

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Not an Obama supporter, not supportive of any of my other options either, though.

But watching the debate tonight. Poor Hillary. It just isn't fair what breakneck schedules and gravity does to a woman's face. All puffy and bloated. Campaigning morning and night must really be a killer and women just don't hold up as well under the harsh CNN lighting. Poor Hil. "I'm melting, arghh!"

Oh yeah, and the McCain thing. What a joke. Digging up unsubstantiated baloney from years ago. Who cares? Why now? I'm over them all!

Jackie said...

It's gonna be an Obama - Hillary ticket..they were dating by the end of the debate..

I thought Hill looked as good if not better than Barack...I mean why is it no one comments on his somewhat tragic appearance?

McCain is to old...seriously he needs to be soaking in the Epsom Salts and eating dinner at 4:30.
I think the Lobbyist looks like his wife....the wife scares me.

Lauren in GA said...

I think you are right, Nic. I think Obama is going to take it all.

So, what are you wearing to the Oscars this year? Last year, I wore Valentino...this year, I think I am going to wear a cute little Zac Posen frock. It is modest but still says, "I am an edgy stay at home, overweight, soccer mom from Georgia". Do you want to meet inside the theater or outside on the red-carpet? Clooney asked me to call him and tell him where you ane I are meeting up because he wants to sit by you this year. He hasn't forgotten how you stood him up last year...way to have him eating out of your hand, Nic!

Kelly said...

OH Lauren, the Zac Posen frock! Bwah! I'm glad you went for modesty.

Melissa said...

I feel the same way. McCain might win, but I don't really like him. I don't care for Hillary or Obama either...but would I rather have someone I dislike but thinks he is doing good and right or someone I dont trust and she seems to be distrustful and shady. So I don't know who I want. I dislike many but at least respect the fact that some truely seem like a decent person