Friday, February 8

100 days of school

Maren had to make a three dimensional object with 100 of the same things. For example, last year Logan made a guitar out of popsicle sticks. So we were talking in the car (where most discussions take place nowadays) and couldn't decide on anything that we could work. She didn't like my ideas and I didn't know how we could manage to make any of hers. So Samy pipes up and says: "How about a birthday cake!" Mmmmm, cake... That's my girl! So Maren and I agreed that a birthday cake with 100 candles was a perfect idea. Here is our final product.

I'm pretty proud of myself, I mean Maren. She took it to school today and said (She's home sick now -- threw up twice and is now dancing with Barbie in the Nutcracker, I guess it's past.) that several kids thought it was a real cake. The teacher loved it. We're gettin an A!!

6 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

Oh I agree! Mmmmmmmm, cake!

That looks so fantastic! I want to see the popsicle guitar, too!

You deserve an A, Nic...I mean Maren.

Kelly said...

I want to see the popsicle guitar too, I don't remember that one.

The cake looks beautiful! You need to hang a shelf in her room to display it forever. Well done, girls.

You really have become a crafty genius. 2 more 100 days to go!

Anonymous said...

what a creative idea! can you come do art project with my boys?

Great blog!

Lucy said...

What?! It's not a real cake? what could possible be the point then?

At least she's getting an A.
And not 5,000 calories.

Barb said...

Oh, that is cute. Chloe and I baked a cookie pizza with 100 chocolate chips. Your's is way prettier and way more creative. She will want to save it forever!

Lauren in GA said...

Nic,
I love you, I adore you, I all but worship you!!!!

I am so grateful we are blogging together, now!

Now...I have to tell you, "TAG"! Your adoring public wants to hear 7 things about wonderful you! I put my tag on the bottom of the e-mail from me back to Kelly, forwarded to you...I don't know if you saw it!
I love you!