Wednesday, July 2

He ASKED for it

Eric knew I didn't love his hair so long, but I didn't force him to do anything he didn't want to do. All I ever said to him (to him, I said) was that by the time he was passing the sacrament at the end of August, his hair would be above his shirt collar.











Apparently, Scout Camp was hot. Very hot. So Eric asked me to take him to get his hair cut. Of coarse I jumped at the opportunity! On the way over, he said that he wanted a #2 clipper on top and a #1 clipper for the back and sides. I guess I'm not too keen on what length all the clipper numbers mean, because I was thinking it would be a little longer on top and nicely combed to the side or the slightly spiked/messy look.


When he told the stylist what he wanted, she asked three times if he was sure. Then she looked at me. I just shrugged. Then she did this:










I gasped out loud, grabbed my camera,jumped up and started shooting! I was a little sick to my stomach. I kept saying in my mind: "It will grow back. It will grow back." I was worried that he would be upset because of a miscommunication or something. But nope! This is exactly what he wanted. I know I didn't like the long and unstyled hair, but I did like some hair! I was thinking something short and controlled. Not G I Joe! (In fact, thinking about it, I'm pretty sure G I Joe had more plastic hair than Eric does now.)

Talk about extremes! But, hey, it will be above the collar for passing the sacrament; there will be no argument about that.

He says that next year, he is doing this before Scout Camp.


ROTC here we come!

7 comments:

Kelly said...

I love it that he knew what he wanted! Love that about him! He looks like Geoff in the last picture!

Personally, I totally loved the longish hair in the before. THAT'S what you've been fretting about? He looks awesome. But even more awesome in the second because it is exactly what he wanted and he's confident about it.

Jackie said...

Eric's Hair is beautiful in the before picture..and that buzz cut is great for summer..the ease of shampooing..stinky sweaty boy hair that makes it through the shower improperly washed and rinsed is a pain! Oldest comes out with bone dry hair and I bellow get back in and wash that hair. I'm afraid his wife will be repeating my words..

Cool that Eric knew his clipper numbers going in..he had thought through his decision.

Unknown said...

His hair looks just like the Senior Patrol leader's hair who he was hanging out with... I personally think it looks awesome... I hated his old hair because I was jealous!

nic said...

Dangit Geoff, you never read this blog..... Eric told me not to tell you so he could shock you when you got home this weekend.

Act suprised. You know all about suprises, right?

Denise said...

Oh ouch, I winced when you said he wanted a #1 clipper blade. My J gets a #2 on his sides and back, and I think it's too short (but he likes it because he doesn't have to comb his hair, lol. Lazy!)

Anyway, while I'm not fond of the really buzzed look, I think boys are lucky they can do it. Summer with long hair stinks! He's a cute kid, no matter how he does his hair.

{krista} said...

Yeah, at least he got it cut! That is SO SHORT! I would hate it. LOL I was blessed (or cursed, whichever way you want to look at it) with a kid with a case of picky hair syndrome... he'd never do this. Though, he has gone with a, I think about a three on the sides before. CRAZY BOYS!

Lauren in GA said...

Hey!!! Geoffy Geoff reads your blog!!!!!!!!!!

I think Eric looks really cute before and after. He may want to slather his head with sunscreen, though...we just got back from the beach and Mike has a sunburned scalp...not because of a short hair cut, though...because...of...


come closer...

let me whisper in your ear....

Closer...

thinning hair...but, you didn't hear it from me and I would deny saying that even if held at gunpoint.

hey, at least I didn't say male pattern balding. It isn't that thin....yet. ;)