Friday, March 28

It is done

The Ramadan of birthdays is finally over. Today was Samantha's 'Jumping Jungle' party shared with her friend Ty.

Both these kids were so confused. Ty asked his mom and Samy asked me, separately, whether they would now be turning 5 at their party. It's so hard when you're four and the party is a week after you've just had a birthday!

Nevertheless, a great time was had by all. There was jumping, there was pizza, there was cake and there was capri sun flowing for two whole hours.

Maybe I'm weird (no comments on that!) but I felt a little awkward getting all these gifts for nothing! It was odd to literally have Christmas on March 28th for one little girl. I am appreciative, for sure, but I just feel... I don't know.... can't explain it. But I definitely will continue the tradition of friend parties only on certain years.





Anyway, it's done. The birthday is over. We will not speak of a party for another year or more. Oh snap, Maren's birthday is in June -- and it's a party year. Sheesh.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

You didn't get all those presents for nothing. Your guests jumped and ate pizza, cake and capri sun. You could have asked the parents to pay admission then not bring any gift.

You entertained and they showed their appreciation with Barbies and Pollys! Sad to miss it, not sad to not drive out in rush hour.

Happy Birthday Samy!

Jackie said...

I'm with K..entertainment & 2 hours off..you provided a service..
Happy Birthday..

Lauren in GA said...

Yay!!!! Yahoo! Let the Capri Sun Flow!


I loved the action shots :)

Hey, I saw a glimpse of Geoffy-Geoff in your Easter post and I saw him in this one, too.(Hi, Geoffy-Geoff) I want more pictures with you in them...unless that would mean that I would have to post pictures of myself and that ain't gonna happen.

I wish we lived closer...I want our kids to be friends...and to gnaw on Christian's face...

Denise said...

We made a rule that our kids could have friend parties only every other year. The other years are family parties. I'm kicking myself and wishing we'd said friend parties only every five years. Dang! Too late to take it back now, though.

I say, you supplied entertainment and treats, they supplied gifts, it all comes out in the wash.

Barb said...

That is alotta kids at that party! Sharing a party with a friend is brilliant.

Celia Fae said...

Ramadan of Birthdays! I love it! Thanks for the props. It's nice to know who is out there!