Monday, March 24

Easter Sunday






Similar to hanging stockings on the mantle at Christmas time, we put our empty baskets on the porch before Church and while we are gone, the Easter Bunny hops by and fills them up with goodies. When we drove up, at first we didn't see the baskets and for a split second, I was shocked and amazed that someone would steal a bunch of kids Easter baskets. But then we noticed that the Bunny had moved them to the side so as to be in the shade. Whew!










The look on Samantha's face is pure childhood excitement. So cute! Christian was way into it, as you can see. But look at that cuter tie! His shirt is a 12 month, and I couldn't button the top button under his chin(s). How could I not love this baby?!

At Church, Maren announced to the Junior Primary that the Easter Bunny doesn't hide the eggs, but the parents do. Amid dropping jaws and wide eyes from many of the kids, I quickly explained that the Bunny does what the parents of each family asks him to do, so in some families the Bunny does hide the eggs....."We'll talk about it at home, Maren..." It was awesome. In December, she may announce that Santa is a fraud. Stay tuned....

As a huge Easter bonus, Geoff spoke in Church, and really gave an excellent lesson. Very thought provoking and touching about the life and sacrifice of our Savior. It really was great. I can't remember if it was before or after Geoff spoke, but a friend said that she saw me lean over to one of the children and mouth the words; "If you touch her again, I will knock your head off." Hopefully it was before I felt the Spirit. Happy Easter!

6 comments:

Kelly said...

More, more! I love the pictures! My favs are the three enthusiastic boys, Christian gnawing on his tie and Samantha rushing into the hunt.

Smart about the baskets being put on the front porch, cute idea. And Maren's proclamation. What was the kid thinking?

The Easter bunny doesn't hide anything here. He tried it a few years ago and it made a boy cry over frustration of having to work for the candy. Now he just leaves cereal in the baskets and we call it done.

Denise said...

That's one fine-looking family you've got there! And nice save on the primary announcement. My poor K keeps having her bubble burst. First her brother told her about the tooth fairy before she even lost her first tooth, and now just yesterday her other brother spilled the beans about the Easter Bunny. He thought she already knew. Dang it. He tried to cover, but I think she's got the idea now. It's only a matter of time until Santa becomes the next casualty.

Lauren in GA said...

I agree with Denise...good save, Nic! That was so funny that Maren offered up a Public Service Announcement about the Easter Bunny during Primary.

Your kids are adorable! I seriously want to gnaw on Christian's cheeks. I got a giggle out of your chin(s) comment.

The Sacrament Meeting, "knock your head off" story was the best! A mom's gotta do what a mom's gotta do.

Jackie said...

Cute pictures..the girls are so pretty in their polka dots & pink & the boys look grown up..that one boy has the thumb hook down..but my favorite is the baby..in his striped T shirt & tie! Look at his face..are the kids hunting eggs..he is intensely looking at something...did somebody get their Head knocked off?

Barb said...

Your kids are so adorable, all of them.
The black and white polka dot skirt really caught my eye.

Barb said...

Ooooo, I just enlarged the photo and it's flowers! Even better!