Sunday, January 20

Sunday Funnies

Today for Sharing Time in Primary (my calling/job at church is Children's Secretary --greatest calling in the world!!!), two guys came in and each presented a plan for taking us all to a local water park (hypothetically). The kids were really excited and listened to the plans. The first guys plan was to take us to the park, have lots of fun, go everywhere he wanted to go, eat when he told us to eat, go to the bathroom when he told us to, etc... you get the picture, no personal choice. The second guys plan was to take us to the park and let us choose what rides to go on when we wanted to, eat what we choose, and when we wanted to -- see what I'm getting at? So, the Sunbeams (3-year-olds) were being a little restless and I went to sit/police behind them and was right behind Samantha (mostly because the dumb kid next to her kept touching her and playing with her hair). So, it was time for all of us to choose whether we wanted to go to the park with the first guy or the second guy. The Sharing Time teacher asked everyone to stand up if they wanted to go to the park with the first guy. At this time, I turned around to look at Maren sitting in the back with her legs crossed and her arms folded, resolved look on her face that there was no way she was going with him. Then I turn back and Samantha is not only standing up, but raising her hand, jumping up and down, and saying "I want to go, I want to go!" Awe crap.... my little baby girl choose Satan's plan. I just had to put my head in my hands.....


Side note:

At dinner, Geoff said something to Maren -- I can't remember what, I hardly pay attention -- and I made a sarcastic remark back to him. So Geoff says to the kids: "Isn't mom funny..." And Logan says, "Yeah, and she burps really loud too!"

Gotta love it!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Nah, she didn't choose Satan's plan, she just wanted to go to the waterpark. She's the youngest (or, you know, was until a few weeks ago) she's used to going where someone else wants to go, eating when/what they eat...and she hasn't had a bad a life!

So my kids aren't the only ones who can't get enough of your burping skillz. They speak of your burping with reverent awe.

Lauren in GA said...

That was so hilarious! Don't worry...Samantha can be rehabilitated, there is still time. I laughed at your sitting behind the Sunbeams to "police" them.

Boy Howdy, I agree with Kelly! Your belches are a thing of beauty.

Kelly's kids speak of them with, "reverent awe". That was rich!

I love your title! I am totally blog lifting that!

Lucy said...

I've had many a sharing time idea backfire on me like that. It's just funny that you were there to watch your own child be a part of it.

Primary secretary would be an awesome calling. I call it next.