Tuesday, January 15

So, I ran to the new "spa" right down the street from my house today because I was in desperate need of an eyebrow wax and not a lot of time. Eleven o'clock on a Tuesday morning and all three employees/owners are sitting there with baited breath watching me walk in. So, I tell them what I am wanting and they ask if I want my lip waxed also. I say no, just eyebrows. They say okay, come back here.... As I'm walking back, one of the three ladies says to me: "Where do you get your hair done?" I tell her that I go to a girl that I love and have been going to for about 7 years. She says: "You know, I can make it so that it matches. Your roots are too dark. I can match it better." (Now let me say here that it was a tiny bit difficult understanding everything she said without concentrating real hard...) I'm thinking: did I not just tell you that I am loyal to my hair girl? And, your peer pressure is not going to make me come over. So I go back and sit for the other lady to do my eyebrows. This place doesn't have a table to lay on, you just sit in a high back chair and lean back, but I'm not picky.... I sit down and the lady leans on top of me so much that her hand is on my cheek and constricting my sinus cavity. It brought to mind Cuzco in "The Emperor's New Groove": 'No touchy, noooo touchy...' In the end, it was three dollars more than the place I usually go to that is only three minutes more down the road. Needless to say, I probably won't be going back on a regular basis. It wasn't painful, it's been worse elsewhere, but I could have done without the lap dance. I'm just saying....
draft

7 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

Nic!
That was hilarious, positively hilarious! Remember how Geoff said that he doesn't have a blog because "He's not that gay." Well, thank you for being "that gay", because I adored this post and you are a talented, hilarious and insightful writer! We, as your readers, consider this blog a true public service!

Ha Ha!!! Cuzco in the "Emperor's New Groove": No touchy, noooooooooooo touchy! Did you feel like me, in the mission, when Adam attacked me without his shoes on? Oh, this is gonna be great for us!

nic said...

Can't stop laughing.... I'm a little embarassed. I wanted to post a few more times before showing anyone. Oh well. But I figured if LAUREN could blog, I certainly can. Love you!

Kelly said...

A $3 lap dance sounds like a bargain. You should be pleased.

You know me, I'm a wax snob. No sitting straight up for me, I want mood music and aromas and ambiance.

Let me guess, the girl telling you your roots didn't match had hers dyed to some ridiculous blonde, or weird red streaks here and there didn't she?

Kelly said...

But wait, why did you say "If LAUREN" can. Why did you wait for Lauren to get on the bandwagon but have secretly mocked me for a whole year? What does Lauren have that I don't?

nic said...

I have not mocked you for a year, I have secretly been jealous. The reason Lauren finally got me motivated is because (not to be PC at all of coarse) she is computer retarded, wait, nix that, it means she is new to the computer age. You, my friend, are a computer genius!

nic said...

I have not mocked you for a year, I have secretly been jealous. The reason Lauren finally got me motivated is because (not to be PC at all of coarse) she is computer retarded, wait, nix that, it means she is new to the computer age. You, my friend, are a computer genius!

Connie said...

Love it! And yes I did share it with my friend at work. Told Alyssa about your blog and she was excited to read it. Girl can't stand eggs but now wants to make an omelet (have to admit that I want to try it myself). You have such a nak (sp?) for writing. Have you thought about writing books. Ooh you could be famous....that would be awesome! Keep up the stories and I will keep reading. Love ya.
p.s. Rick loved the Clinton joke - you know he is a hard core Republican.