Wednesday, June 18

I think it's because we have a two-story house

Boy, the tooth fairy has had such a hard time getting to our place ever since we moved from the one-story house into the two-story. I know it's been, what, almost four years, but she just keeps getting later and later. I'm not accusing her of being lazy or anything, but I think she doesn't really like having to fly upstairs to make deposits.



When we first moved in here, some kid had lost a tooth and that dang thing stayed under his pillow for days. We kept making excuses about how the tooth fairy had to get used to finding our new house and all. Finally, she delivered, and everyone accepted the excuse about confusion with the move.


Nowdays, Maren is losing teeth like crazy and it is way hard for that fairy to keep up. Part of the problem, I think, is that some of the kids are going to bed later and the tooth fairy just can't stay awake that late. It's tough. Currently, Christian is running neck and neck with Maren in regards to the number of teeth in their respective.

There's some missing on the bottom too!


I don't remember the boys being this toothless all at once at any time. One of Maren's front teeth is finally growing in. It looks to me like it might be kind of crooked. We'll see. I blame all orthodontal problems on Geoff's genes. My teeth are straight having never touched a brace in their life! My genes just contribute to all other types and kinds of illness and diseases....mostly adult things that they will be on their own insurance coverage for.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

It's the economy. You just can't find a decent tooth fairy willing to work weekends and holidays anymore. She really is a stingy little bugger and quite flakey.

Lauren in GA said...

I love how your genes make sure they have to be on their own insurance coverage to pay for medical expenses. :)

She is missing a lot of teeth there...she must be forcing the tooth-fairy into financial ruin. She is beautiful though, even without teeth! I know a mighty fine man that can make her a partial! What do ya think?

Evan lost both of his top front teeth and one didn't grow in for almost a year. The kids called him Nanny McFee (because she has that one front tooth that bucks out) Creepy kids!

Jackie said...

How cute is that toothless grin!
Tell her it's priceless that's why the Tooth Fairy can't retrieve the teeth from under the pillow!

Lori said...

So cute! She looks like a wonderful girl.

Do you remember when one of Kelly's boys had that one Giant Chiclet smack in the middle of the gap for a good year or two?

Barb said...

That is funny and eye opening. I hadn't made the connection between our move from a one storey to a two storey, but it holds true for us. I thought the tooth fairy was just getting senile in her old age.

day dreamer said...

THE TOOTH FAIRY HAS THE SAME PROBLEM AT HOUSE, I NOTICED THAT SHE COMES DURING THE DAY, SOMETIMES. SHE HAS TO SLEEP WHILE SHE CAN!