Wednesday, April 16

Sound bites

The other day, Geoff and Child were weeding the flower beds.


Geoff: "So, I heard mom had a talk with you."
Child: "About what" (worried look like he was in trouble for something)
Geoff: "About s#x."
Child: "Yeah, she kept talking and talking and I just wanted her to stop. Kind of like you right now."

I walked into my bathroom and found Samantha holding a bloody hand to her mouth. I looked and found that her lip was bleeding. Just as I was about to yell at some other kid for bloodying thier sisters mouth, I noticed Geoff's razor on the counter and a drop of blood next to it.


Me: "How did this happen?"
Sam: "I was using dads thing." (Note, she wasn't crying because she was more worried about being in trouble.)
Me: "Are you going to ever do that again?"
Sam: "No. Don't tell dad because I don't want him to talk to me about it."

The funny thing is that Geoff is way nicer to these people than I am!

6 comments:

{krista} said...

*snort* That's so funny! However, the second one made me cringe just thinking about what she'd done. OUCH!

Lauren in GA said...

Oh, my gosh! I am laughing so hard right now!!!! "I just wanted her to stop. Kind of like you right now."

Seriously, I am still laughing! I am not kidding!

Kelly said...

Love their honesty. Good to know they put a lot of stock in the things their parents tell them isn't it?

Jackie said...

Poor things..both of them.

King of the Hill the episode where Peggy teaches s#x education...that's all anybody really needs to know. I hear there's talk of showing it to all
5th graders after they finish the Taks test.

Barb said...

This is exactly what my kids are like! I guess some conversations are just too painful.

Denise said...

Kinda like you right now! Bwahaha!

Nice to know kids are so respectful of our greater knowledge and experience.