Monday, April 21

First swim of the season










I was feeling generous this afternoon and let the kids play in the sprinkler after school. I don't normally do things like this because I am an awful uptight mom who doesn't like grass and/or water on the floor of the house. But again, I was in a good mood and boy they had the greatest time ever!
For Christmas, Santa brought us a tether ball set. That's now our version of pool volleyball.

Some day we hope to have a pool. Come summer, we will loaf off of the awesome neighbors once swim season officially begins. For the time being, the sprinkler will have to do. But the lawn may improve, so there's something.


5 comments:

Jackie said...

It looks like fun. I loved Tether Ball when I was a kid. We swam at a neighbors pool this afternoon..because ours is still to cold!

Lauren in GA said...

Looks like they are having a ball! Heh, heh, get it? A tether ball!


Seriously, that looks so fun! I like the picture where it looks like Logan is drinking from the sprinkler.

Denise said...

Tether ball! What a good idea! I bet my kids would love a tether ball pole. No pool for us, but we do the occasional sprinkler-playing. Not right now, of course. Because it's freaking COLD. Grrrr.

Lori said...

Wow, way to be Fun Mom!

It snowed at our house yesterday.

Kelly said...

And now they don't need a shower at bed time! See how easy your job can be when you think outside the box! Shoot, around here, that would take care of the shower for the whole week. Plus exercise and vitamin D!