Wednesday, March 4

I don't know why

Man, I just haven't had it in me to blog lately. It's been a mix around here of somewhat busy to downright bored and lazy. But even bored and lazy, there is still cleaning and laundry and the like to be done so it's not like I'm laying around reading books. (Oh wouldn't that be so great....)

I'm just going to blame part of the blogging funk on the fact that we can't find the camera. About a year ago, I thought I was cool, so I bought a small camera just for me that I kept in my purse and had at the ready for whatever I came across. It was great to have. But it died. First of all, I wasn't savvy and bought one that used regular AA batteries instead of a rechargeable one (whatever they're called), so it ate batteries like nothing else -- even rechargeables. Then, like I said, it just died. Don't know what happened. No. I didn't keep the receipt. We will not speak of this again...

So, now the "family" camera is lost. It wasn't me. It was someone else. Could have been that baby. But it's gone.

So, I want to report about Logan's awesome trip to the County Spelling Bee. I'd love to post a picture of the very cute/cool bobble-head bee trophy that he earned. (Just picture it all in your head.) He really did great. (I also must thank Emily tremendously, for taking care of Samy and Christian - even with a snotty nose (Christian, not Emily) - and allowing me to go and just be there to support Logan). He got out in the fourth round, on the word azalea (spell check corrected this). I can't even spell it. The other three words he spelled were iffy for me even. But I was so proud of him. Overall, there were just over 40 contestants, and he finished in the top 20 (which was made up, incidentally, of primarily 6th and 7th graders - Logan is in 4th grade!)

We were also treated recently by a visit from my brother Lance and his daughter, Victoria. We had such a good time! Lance treated us royally and took us to every steak restaurant in the greater Houston area. He was on a beef mission. Geoff was sitting in a church meeting Saturday night and texted me: "beef headache". Thanks for a great weekend, Lance and Vic!

So see, there's lots going on. I just haven't been in the mood. Know what I mean? I'm just going to blame it on the missing camera. We've got to find it. Birthday season is beginning in just 17 days (not that Samy is counting!). Maybe Samy needs a new camera - that will remain in my custody - for her birthday. Hmmmm....

2 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

I love it, "beef headache"...I could go for some beef right about now. I know it is only 8:21 in the morning...don't confuse me with the facts.

That is so great about Logan!! Only in 4th grade and going up against older kids, like that, whoa!
I love that you had to spell check, "azalea". I couldn't spell that either.

Burnhams said...

Go logan go! next year man, you will have it!
yup sounds like sammy needs a new camera.