Thursday, October 30

"Mershals"

Samy: "Mom, when I go watch TV today, will you come with me so you can see the mershals and all the things I want?"

Me: "I don't want to. I have to do all my work while you are having quiet time."

Samy: "Please. Or do you want me to just yell for you every time something is on?"

Me: "Okay, I'll watch for a few minutes."

So I go upstairs and turn the TV on. As she's walking up the stairs, not anywhere near the play room, she says "I want that!"

Me: "You don't even know what that was!"

Samy: "Yes I do. It was the baby who goes potty then you flush the toilet and wash her hands."

Amazing. Then she proceeded to proclaim that she wanted each and every other toy in each and every commercial that came on. The Barbie cruise ship got her extra excited. I cringed at the talking house with the British accent. The only toy she didn't want was the helmet that basically has a virtual video racing game in it. She said Christian could have that one.

Welcome to the Christmas Season. Mershals.

5 comments:

{krista} said...

Mershals are of the debil!

Denise said...

Yeah, what Kris said. And my 7-yr-old falls for ALL of them! She keeps insisting she needs a tempurpedic mattress because it shows on TV that she'll sleep better.

She already sleeps fine, of course. But commercials have a way of making you realize you desperately need things you never even knew existed. Pffffft!

Burnhams said...

Im so glad Cardon only watches PBS.

Lauren in GA said...

Thanks for welcoming me. I already want to run and hide.

Mershals *ptooey*

Kelly said...

You know, I'm just like Samy when it comes to mercials for cleaning products. I am just sure one more appliance will make my kitchen sparkle like the lady on TV.

I love how Samy has it all figured out down to where she wants you to come watch too so you'll know exactly what she wants.]