Saturday, October 25

I just lost two hours of my life

that I will never get back.


Maren was invited to a birthday party yesterday for the premier of HSM 3. We were both thrilled. She about seeing the movie, and I was thrilled that some other schmuck of a mother was taking her to see it.

Maren got sick on Wednesday. No party. I told her I would take her to see it when she was better. Today she was better. I now became the schmuck of a mother.

I knew I was in for it when the opening scene was a close up of Zac Efron's greasy face and all the girls in the theater screamed joyfully.

The little girl next to me didn't appreciate my "Are you kidding me?!"'s and "He needs to pull up his pants" every now and then. Thankfully I got to get up and use the bathroom once for a brief repose. Thank you large diet coke and bladder that has had five babies sitting on it!

Hey Maren, I just took a bullet for you. Remember this....

That's all I have to say about that.

6 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

I am laughing so hard about every word of this post...and the title, too. That was so, so, so, hilarious!!!

Uh...not that I am laughing at your pain or anything...

You blogged about it so masterfully...Too bad your inspiration was so dreadful.

"took a bullet for you"...Bwah Hah hah hee hooo haaah!!

Okay...sorry...I will stop laughing now....

{krista} said...

That's too funny. You are such a good mom for taking her anyway.

Denise said...

Killjoy! Yeah, his pants were baggy, but you seriously didn't have one single dirty-old-lady thought throughout the whole movie? Zac Efron is my midlife crisis.

I'm chuckling because I just posted on my blog that I actually liked the movie. Cheesy, yes. Teeny-bopper, yes. Silly and lame, yes. But cute and fun. Except for party poopers like you! =P~

Burnhams said...

Im glad to know you survived it. At least you didnt take a whole group of girls with you...

day dreamer said...

HA...I got out of it on 2 occasions! Early release one day a group of Lydia's friends wet, old enuf to go on her own, she chaperoned Nataly! Then Willy took Elayna and Ryan, then I heard about over dinner for the next three days...that was plenty for me...I don't feel like I missed a thing! Glad you got too experience it!

Kelly said...

Doh! I almost went all by myself the other day. Had it started half hour earlier I would have been there. I wanted to see what all the fuss was...ok, I wanted the popcorn.