Sunday, September 6

Sunday Funnies

While getting ready for church:

Maren: Mom, I don't ever hear you 'toot'. I hear your big, loud burps all the time, but never any 'toots'.

Me: Yeah, well, if those have to happen, I try to keep it private.

Maren: I mean, your burps are the best ever.

Me: Thanks Mare, I try.


Minutes after the Stake President reads an official letter from the pulpit in regards to Swine Flu and what we need to do to stay clear Samy does a big, uncovered sneeze. :

Geoff and I burst into laughter as quietly you can in church.

Samy: Why are you guys laughing?

Geoff: Because we love you.

Samy: You're lying, you're making fun of me.

4 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

Oh, I loved those!!!

Your burps are true things of beauty and remain legendary in my family.

Kelly said...

So what should you do for swine flu? We have sanitizer in every nursery room and make the kids clean when they rotate. And we sent a bold letter telling parents under no uncertain terms will runny noses come in, no matter if we hurt your feelings or offend. And we have a whole shelf in the Primary closet with lysol products.

On a yahoo Primary group I was reading, someone wrote in asking what measures people were taking to communicate with their Primaries in the event of a swine outbreak. Are you kidding me? First, that person has way too much time on her hands. And second, if we get the green light to stay home from church, no guilt, I'll be singing hosannah! I jest of course because remembering how sick my kids were last winter with our bird flu, I'll take Primary 7 days a week.

Yesterday, we had a brand new CTR 5 teacher sitting next to a little girl whose family has been out for months with various illnesses. She did the wettest hack/cough/hurl/gasp/wheeze kind of cough you've ever heard, then a nice big spraying sneeze. I'm sure you felt the after shocks of that poor teacher's shudder. Off the richter scale!

A few minutes later I heard him telling another little girl, "Don't scratch it, it will make it worse!" I think it was only a mosquito bite he was talking to her about, but I got him a box of wipes and a jar of antibacterial nonetheless.

Anyway, your burps are legendary at our house.

{krista} said...

ROFL! Those are hilarious.

Denise said...

Hehe, Samy's one smart kid. Busted!