Tuesday, September 15

"I will not be left out!"



Really, I almost couldn't bare the heartache of my baby going to 'school' for 10 whole hours a week. But it was Christian -- even though he only says 'cars', 'trash', 'go', 'hi', and a handful of other rarely understood words -- who almost forced me to send him to the Mother's Day Out program. (Can you feel the sarcasm dripping like the humidity at high noon in July in Houston?)

He did a great job. No tears. When we first got to the classroom on the first day, he did grab my hand as we were walking in the door and tried to turn and bolt, but that was partly my fault. I completely forgot about his "meet the teacher" the week before, where he would have known what he was getting in to. Maybe it was better this way. Anyway, he at least knows the school. He took Samy there last year for her Pre-K and cried each day we dropped her off and he couldn't stay. Here you go, buddy! Stay all day! See you at 2. Other than the wanting to bolt, it seems like he is really liking it. He's even gotten his back pack on non-school days and headed for the door. His daily reports say that he is happy and "a sweetie" the teacher wrote. He likes it.

Mom likes it too. It's a win-win!

1 comment:

Lauren in GA said...

Awwwwww, he looks so cute! Such a big boy!!

It is so nice that he gets to go after crying last year that he couldn't stay. I can just see him trying to make a run for it that first day. So cute.