Friday, November 7

Moving on

We're happy. We're well. We have a good job and a good home and we're just fine. I'm almost positive that this can't be taken away from us. It took a day to really have this settle in and I have come to terms and have great hope that it'll be okay.

My one prevailing thought after the election of Barack Hussein Obama has been: "So this is how everyone else has been feeling for the past 6/7 years with George Bush." Now it's my turn to feel the burn.

On Wednesday morning when I told the kids who won the presidential election, they were funny. They all said they wished it had been McCain. Then throughout the day, out of the blue, Samy would come out and say (almost in tears), "Mom, I really wish John McCain was our President". Then another time she said, "Well, at least John McCain is the President in my class!" Yes he is Samy, and I'm sure he would be proud to know that he won by a landslide (10/2) in your Pre-K class election in small-town Texas!

In listening to talk radio (yes, I'm an old lady! Remember being in the car with your parents and the radio was on AM!?!), of coarse they were upset the day after. One woman called in to one of the shows and said: "Well, God let this happen for a reason. So He is in charge and we need to have faith and trust in Him."

I thought that was very nice. It makes sense.

God also allows earthquakes, tsunamis, tornadoes, and hurricanes to happen. But whatever.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm proud of Samy's Preschool Class! In my kids' Elementary School, Obama won by a landslide. Katie couldn't believe it, especially because she voted for McCain TWICE! (ah, election fraud starts early!) I'm guessing Obama won because most of the kids were hoping he was their Baby-Daddy!

Yes, we're an Obama-nation now! (get it? like abomination) bwahaha. Yup, I'm the queen of corny jokes.

{krista} said...

Obama-nation... HA HA HA... that's funny!

yeah, the night of the election somebody posted their status on facebook that said "so and so remembers who is really in charge!" It was a good reminder.

Lauren in GA said...

"Barack Hussein Obama" heh, heh, heh, tell us how you really feel ;)

I love you and...you bring up a great point about the hurricaines, tornadoes and tsunamis.

Denise said...

McCain won at our school, too, and my kids were devastated that he didn't win the election. They're okay now; kids bounce back quickly. Their moms, not so much. *sigh*