Thursday, November 20

Couple questions

Does everyone hear news about NASA and Space Shuttle missions now days, or is it not even big enough news to report outside of Houston? I know that pretty much after the first moon landing, it was no big deal anymore. No one knows the names of the second guys to walk on the moon (Pete Conrad and Alan Bean). It seems like now days, the only time there is any note of the space program is when there is a tragedy or something.

Anyway, if you have heard about this latest Shuttle mission; how'd you like to be the chick that dropped the tool bag in space? And then, I wonder: it's not like the tool bag was dropped and then rushed away by the wind. Couldn't she have gone after it? Grabbed something long to knock it back, or something? I guess it did float away pretty quickly. Poor girl. So, now she's going to come home and be the astronaut known for letting lose a big bag of heavy tools to wander in space until it crashes into and ruins some multi-billion dollar space equipment. Way to go what's-her-name! (Heidemarie Stefanyshyn-Piper - I think I'll stick with what's-her-name.)

http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1488655367/bctid2624229001

7 comments:

{krista} said...

WOW! I never hear anything about the space shuttle missions. I'd say poor girl! The way the government works, those tools probably cost more than her house... each!

Kelly said...

That was funny. Although, I can't believe that was the first tool bag ever dropped. I guess that's why I'm not an astronaut, I'm a klutz.

Wonder what kind of good old boys club is behind NASA closed doors shaking their fists. First you have the woman who hunted down her boyfriend in diapers. Then the woman who smuggled the wasabi (was it wasabi?) on board and it exploded and got all over their instruments and now the tool bag girl. Come on ladies! Get with the program!

Jane Blackmun said...

I heard that the tool belt was $100,000!! Nice goin'. But you are right, the news never reports on anything unless there's a problem. (Or a slow news day.) ARe you going to go see Twilight??? :o) Love ya!

Denise said...

I rarely see anything about the space shuttle on the news, but I did see a report on the tool bag, lol. Yeah, it was supposed to be worth $100K. Bet she's kicking herself right now!

day dreamer said...

Hard to believe any of us watch the news after NOV 4th..ugh, but i caught the "tool bag" lost in space episode. Beacuse of where we live all we ever hear, or so it seems is Ares I, the mission to mars 2010...Space Camp Haven, Huntsville, Alabama!

Unknown said...

As a notorious "Bull (or would that be Heifer?) in a China Chop" I don't think they'd even let me on the Space Shuttle. I'd be dropping things left and right!

...not to mention that I don't think they'd find a space suit to fit over this butt! ;-) Don't astronauts have to be able to run like a million miles in 12 minutes or less?

Lauren in GA said...

This was the first I had heard about this!! You are such a great source of information. I don't know if my answering the question would count because I never know what is going on in the news but I suspect that only Houston and the surrounding areas are the only places that pay attention to the what NASA is up to. It is sad that we know more about what, say...Britney Spears is up to than our astronauts.