Monday, June 15

Twilight Camp - Day One

The first day of camp was a complete success! I drank four bottles of water, sweated like a man in a steam room, and only ate half of Samy's Lunchables Jr. Four people made comment that I had lost "a lot" of weight and look great, and one person who used to be in my ward said she didn't even recognize me because I had lost so much! Woo-hoo! That is a great day at camp. Oh, and the scouts had a good time too....

Actually, Samy is a camper like her mom. My motto is: Anything less than a three star hotel IS camping. So after four hours, she asked if I could call Geoff to pick her up because she was "hot and sticky". (That's my girl!) Then, Geoff told me later, that on the way home, she said that she was glad she was in Dad's stinky car because she was sweaty. (Totally my girl!!!)

Funny/sad story: This man and his son signed up last night (registration closed weeks ago), and we let them in. I reworked a couple dens to accommodate and re-printed a bunch of paper work for it. So then, I found out later today that the man never showed up today. So, I'm reporting this to the camp director and cursing the man's name a little bit, when the camp director says to me: "Um, I'm pretty sure that's the guy who called and said he couldn't make it because he got in an accident on the way to camp." Oops! Then I repented for being mean.

So, tomorrow is day two. It's hot. It's humid. It's buggy, and I'm sitting on a very uncomfortable park table/bench dripping sweat. But I enjoy it. And I really enjoy the fact that after this year, I will be done with Cub Scouts (hopefully) until Christian turns 8 in 2015. Yippeee!

5 comments:

Kelly said...

It was so hot today, I just can't imagine. I honestly can't wrap my brain around your week!

I lost 10 lbs my first year at cub camp. Then I found out where they kept the treats for the leaders and didn't have as much success in subsequent years.

We'll take Samy any day we can have her! We need thrills from 8-5 this week.

Camp on little camper! Oh my gosh it was hot today!

Burnhams said...

Happy camping!

Lauren in GA said...

Whoa, Nic. I am glad you are staying hydrated...I would prefer to be publicly whipped then go to Twilight Camp. You are my hero!

I love what Samy said about Geoff's car. She takes after her Auntie Lauren, too. I know we aren't blood related...don't confuse me with the facts...

Sara said...

I don't know how you're doing it. I get hot and sweaty and CRABBY just walking from the car to the pool. You are my hero and I hope to grow up to be just like you!

I am not that excited about Charlie starting cub scouts. How much longer do I have?

Denise said...

You really did rock at Twilight Camp Nicole! I'm not even kidding. I felt cool when you pulled me out of the crowd to talk to me. :)