Wednesday, February 4

What the heck happened to January?

I blinked and now it's February. I have had so much homework and stuff this month, it totally took over my life. But I am happy to report that I did a great job on my "Dentist" project for Pre-K.


I rocked and got a HUNDRED on my 4th grade Science Fair project! I didn't place or anything, but I don't really care all that much. I was mostly in it for the grade.


Maren - all on her own, I take no credit for any part of it whatsoever! - placed 1st in the Rodeo Art competition at school. She didn't get any artistic talent from her mom or dad, so it must have come from the UPS guy. She did a great job!

Logan really was the man of the month, though. Since November, he has been practicing after school for an academic competition (UIL) our district has each year. Logan entered two events and PLACED in EACH! He really did a great job. In Music Memory, he placed 5th (out of 10 with 53 competitors) and in Number Sense, he placed 10th -- you have to understand, even Logan didn't think he'd do well in Number Sense. There were about 40 competitors in that category.

Anyway, that meant I spent most of December and all of January driving (30 minutes each way) to pick Logan up at school 3-4 times a week. (So glad gas prices have dropped so nicely!)

Then, Logan went on to take FIRST place in our Cub Scout Pack's annual Pinewood Derby! You have to understand how big this is for us. Usually we are the family that has wheels flying off, or the car not making it to the end of the track or something. FIRST place is huge! Wooo-hoo Logan!

So I guess that answers my question. January was spent in my car mostly. Aside from that, I was tracking down this thing a lot...

(between the wall and my headboard)

Or trying to keep him out of the grapes...

(He's totally asking for diaper rash.)

Helllllooooo, February!

5 comments:

{krista} said...

Aw, nice hiding place! You've been a busy camper... I hope February goes a bit slower for you.

Burnhams said...

YAY for all the accomplishments! Glad to see you are no longer MIA

Unknown said...

Don't forget Logan's spelling Bee too!

Lauren in GA said...

Congrats on all of your good grades!!!! Those projects are true things of beauty!!! And, YAY for Maren!!

Your kids are amazing, Nic!

Oh, my goodness...that Christian is so yummy! How did he get behind your headboard? He is adorable and talented!

Yay, for the Pinewood Derby win!!!!! That is HUGE!!!!!!!!!

Marie said...

Hey Nicole!
So great to hear from you in the blogging world! We talk often of the families we miss in TX and you guys are at the top of the list, for sure.