Wednesday, February 4

More of what happened to January

Geoff reminded me that I had forgotten to mention the Spelling Bee. Sheesh!

During Logan's whirlwind winning streak at everything he touched in January, he was in the district Spelling Bee. He got out on the word warrant. He spelled it with one r. He said that as the judge was saying "incorrect" he thought to himself: "Oops, two 'r's'." (that was a lot of punctuation there!)

BUT, (everyone I know has a big but - sorry, I had to sneak PeeWee's Big Adventure in there), because he was the "last man standing" from his school, he gets to represent his Elementary at the County Spelling Bee at the end of February. Logan is a rock star!

I will note that there are no pictures of this event because Christian was more naughty than ever (only because we were in an auditorium and it was supposed to be quiet, and he's one-and-a-half). Samy was with me too. She was great. She sat all by herself as I came in and out with noisy-boy. Finally, I put them both in the women's restroom and said, through gritted teeth; "don't leave this room!", so that I could go back in the auditorium and retrieve all of our belongings. It was either the restroom or hand him over to a stranger ("can you hold this for me for a minute?"). There were no strangers around.....

Editors note: Yes, I'm fully aware of the dangers of leaving small children alone in a public restroom. It was for less than one minute and the restroom was empty and there was no one in the auditorium entry/foyer/whatever it's called. No, I don't do this often...

The end.

5 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

Indeed! Logan is a ROCK STAR!!!!!!!!!!

You crack me up, "can you hold this for me for a minute?"

I miss you, Nic. *sigh*

Lauren in GA said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Denise said...

Woot! I went to the district spelling bee a couple of times. I remember losing on the word "impeachment" in 6th grade. I spelled it with 2 e's, because for some bizarre reason I was thinking of a beech tree. Yeah. Weird. Anyway, I know how it is to kick yourself immediately afterward. Still, good going!

day dreamer said...

I have been wondering where you've been! Congrats on all your (kids) accomplishments! WTG...

Shauna said...

I am new here! What a great blog :)