Thursday, December 24

Merry Vacation

We came to Virginia for Christmas vacation this year. We came to enjoy the holiday with Grandma, Grandpa, and Aunt S. It's a good vacation. Just before we got into the state, there was a giant snowstorm that blanketed most of the state with several feet of snow. The kids have quickly taken to the sport of snow-sledding. They are in absolute heaven. Geoff is enjoying his sister and parents' company, as am I. It's been a delightful and slow-paced few days. The kids highlights have been sledding, the Mennonite country-side, shoveling snow off the deck (obviously snow is not a common thing for us, or this would be a chore, not a highlight!), making sugar cookies from scratch with Grandma, and staying up late watching Christmas movies.

Here's how I am enjoying my VACATION:

  • 9 loads of laundry
  • 24 sandwiches for lunches
  • 2 trips to the grocery store
  • 3 trips to Target
  • 1 bed washed after an "accident"
  • 6 loads of clothes dried after snow play

We'll be here for another five days. It can only get better!

As I was moving yet another load from the washer to the dryer, Mom-in-law says to me: "Boy, you have been doing laundry since you got here. Does it ever stop? This isn't normal, is it?" I said, "No, this is extra special, because I'm ON VACATION!"

It's all good. And to all a good night...

4 comments:

day dreamer said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..so sorry..Merry Christmas, just so you know I really needed that laugh, the Christmas Spirit was sucked, no ripped right out of me by an ungrateful child.....and it is only Christmas Eve..hope it gets better..Love ya

nic said...

Glad I could help, Rebecca. Merry Christmas to you too! Hope the ungrateful child gets coal in their stocking.

Lauren in GA said...

I am laughing at this!! They don't call you Laundry Queen for nuthin'. I so wish we could have met up with you guys!!
I was taking a nap when Geoff called to tell Mike that I remind him of the hamster in the Bolt movie. I laughed my head off at that. It's kinda true...except I don't have one of those plastic balls to roll myself around in. Trade the plastic ball for a filthy mini-van...

Sara said...

Hi Nicole. Merry Christmas! I just HAD to comment because, guess where we are? In Midway, UT with CJ's parents and guess what I did today? 3 loads of laundry and taking care of Hannah who was throwing up all night.

I LOVE travelling for the holidays.