Tuesday, November 10

I told her not to brag...

...but I am SO going to!

Maren auditioned among 13 other girls for the part of 'Young Cinderella' in her dance studio's spring production. I think she is a beautiful and graceful dancer, but really, truly didn't think she'd get the part with all those trying out.
But, SHE DID!


I am just pleased as punch and so proud of her. Actually, I'm sort of living vicariously through my girls (and the boys a little too). I so wanted dance (or play baseball, or piano, etc.) lessons when I was a youngun, but we just couldn't do it. So I do all I can (within reason) to let these guys do a sport/activity and/or a musical instrument if they show an interest in it. It makes for a hectic - sometimes miserable - schedule for the taxi driver, but I really do love to see them 'perform'. It was really neat the first time I could stand more than two feet away and really play catch with each of the boys (not yet Christian), and now, watching them pitch a fast ball and strike out a batter is totally awesome. (Not so fun though, when the fast ball actually hits the batter...) Watching Maren dance or play the piano is so much fun. Especially watching Samy tapping away with her spaghetti legs just makes me want to cry, it's so dang cute!

Anyway, I'm excited for Maren and can't wait to see the final product in June!

Congrats Maren!

Break a leg. (But not really. Or anything else for that matter -- all my money is going to private lessons and costumes, so I can't afford medical bills).

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations Maren!!!! You make a beautiful Cinderella!!! Wish I could be there to see you perform. Love, Aunt Nene

Burnhams said...

YEA! Congrats Maren! That is so awesome!

Lauren in GA said...

That is wonderful! Congrats to Maren!!

I live for the moments when I can see them shine in their activites.

You made me laugh with your parting line about the medical bills. Yeah...DON'T break a leg or anything else, Maren!

Jane Blackmun said...

Congrats! I welcome the return of Nic's bloggin'. It's the only way I really keep in touch with you anymore, so I love you and your humor! Brag away, Momma!!

Kelly said...

Wow Maren! Gorgeous, and Congratulations!